As of: April 9, 2020
The health and well-being of our patients, doctors, team members, and the community we serve is our top priority. We are committed to our patients and remain open for dental emergencies. Referring doctors may continue to submit patient referrals as normal via our online system (see tab above), e-mail, fax, or mail.
If you are an existing patient of Red River Endodontics and are having emergency symptoms, please call us for information and instructions regarding treatment. If you have not been seen at our office before, are having symptoms, and cannot reach your general dentist, please call us for information and options. Examples of emergency symptoms include:
- severe tooth pain
- trauma to the tooth or dental fracture
- excessive swelling of gums, face, or neck
- oral infection
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidance of our national, state and local leaders, the ADA, NDDA, and the CDC. As new information becomes available, we will continue to update our website with regard to our hours and operating procedures.
Patients scheduled for treatment: Know that we are taking every precaution to protect you from possible exposure to the coronavirus. We have stepped up our already-stringent cleaning policies, and regularly disinfect all surfaces with which patients may come into contact, both in our treatment rooms and in the front lobby. We ask patients arriving for treatment to help by doing the following:
- Please DO NOT arrive for your appointment if you are feeling unwell or showing any signs of: fever, dry cough, body aches, or fatigue. We are happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date and/or discuss options with you for your tooth.
- Please do not bring anyone with you into the waiting room. Patients under 18 or those who need assistance, please contact our office for further instructions.
- Please be prepared to have your temperature taken with a contactless thermometer when you arrive. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and understanding.